Saturday, July 12, 2014

Jesus Is Our Refuge and Fortress

Psalm 91:2 NKJV:  "I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress; my God.  In Him I will trust."

I didn't know the full meaning of the word "fortress," so I looked it up.  Here's what I found:

  1. a military stronghold, especially a strongly fortified town fit for a large garrison.
    • a heavily protected and impenetrable building.
    • figurative
      a person or thing not susceptible to outside influence or disturbance.
      "he had proved himself to be a fortress of moral rectitude"


Wow!  This is amazing.  I especially like "a heavily protected and impenetrable building" and "a person or thing not susceptible to outside influence or disturbance."

Our Lord is strong and impenetrable!  We can go to Him and know we are safe and protected...always!  

Whether against wickedness in high places or evil-doers on the earth, we are safe when we look to and trust God.

Just as soldiers of old retreated to their castle or fort or blockhouse, we can retreat to our Lord, Jesus Christ!

No comments:

Post a Comment